Timeline from Facebook
Changes in Tab Functionality
- Tabs are now referred to as apps.
- You can no longer have a default landing tab, but you can feature up to 3 apps on the cover and you can pin posts to draw attention to apps.
- Visible apps are now called “Favorites”. When you remove an app from Favorites, it becomes invisible. You can click the plus button when in app edit mode to add it back to Favorites.
- Visitors can see icons for up to 12 apps by clicking the down arrow to the right of the top 3 featured apps.
- You can have icons for 10 custom apps (photos and likes will always take up two of the app spots). All other apps are still active, but you’ll need to direct users there via a link.
- You can change the cover icon for an app by going to Edit Page > Apps > Edit Settings > Custom Tab Image.
Other Changes to your Facebook Page
- Fans can now message their favorite brands directly through the message feature.
- You can add a cover image. Dimensions are 851x315px.
- Your profile picture dimensions are now 180x180px.
- You can pin posts which will remain on your page for up to 7 days.
- New “admin” panel at the top of the page allows admins to see their
notifications, messages, insights etc. all in one place when they log
into their page.
- An activity log lets you view all posts (even hidden ones), star them, change the date, etc.